Northcote Baptist Community Preschool has a very long waiting list and we recommend enrolling your child at birth.
1. When a space becomes available for a new child to attend, the space will be filled from the waiting list according to the following criteria:
- Child’s age
- Whether the child has or had any siblings attending NBCP, or has a parent who is teaching at NBCP.
- Length of time on the waiting list
- The number of children of different ages attending NBCP at the time the place becomes available
- The child’s ability to go to the toilet on his/her own
- Whether they already attending another centre.
2 Spaces will be filled according to the criteria listed above, at the sole discretion of the Centre Leader.
3 Priority will generally be given to children with siblings currently attending NBCP.
4 To ensure that a balance is maintained, the minimum number of days a child can attend NBCP is as follows:
√ 4 full days 8am – 5pm
√ 4 short days 8.45am – 3.15pm
5 Depending on the waiting list, it is the intention of NBCP that children will be considered for attendance from age 1 year. If a child starts as an over 2 year old , it is expected that the child is toilet trained.
6 If absent from NBCP for a continuous three week period the preschool is not able to claim funding for absences that continue into the fourth week and beyond. In this case your child will be removed from the roll.
7 Children with special needs or health problems may need to be absent for longer than three weeks. The Preschool is able to apply for an exemption to the three week rule for these children.
8 At the sole discretion of the Centre Leader ‘ special circumstances’ will be considered ahead of the above criteria if there is a space at the time they present.